City Sewers Current Construction
Venice Boulevard and Stewart Avenue Sewer Rehabilitation Project
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project began in early 2012 in the Venice and Palms – Mar Vista – Del Rey communities in an area bounded by National Blvd. to the north, Maxilla Ave. to the south, Sawtelle Blvd. to the east and Pacific Ave. to the west.
- About 6.2 miles of 8” to 12” sewer pipes will be rehabilitated, or removed and replaced. These repairs will take place in streets and alleys.
- Construction period: early 2012 through early 2013. Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. Neighbors will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction will generally take place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on major streets from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to minimize traffic impacts.
- Estimated Cost: $2.65 million
- Construction methods include sewer pipe lining (rehabilitates defective sewers without excavation and surface disruption), and sewer pipe removal and replacement (performed by “open cut” or trenching, a method that is typically used where sewers are shallow).
- In order to minimize disruption on your street, most of the construction work at each location will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Trucks and other equipment such as pipes will be used during construction, and you may see open trench excavation and debris removal.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses and residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.