City Sewers Current Construction
Billowvista Dr and 83rd St Sewer Project
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project began in summer 2011 in Westchester – Playa del Rey. The approximate boundary of the project is Culver Blvd. to the northwest, the Pacific Ocean to the southwest, Westchester Pkwy. to the south, and Lincoln Blvd. to the northeast.
- About 2.6 miles of 6, 8, 12, and 15-inch sewer pipe will be rehabilitated, or removed and replaced.
- Construction period: summer 2011 through summer 2012. Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. Neighbors will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction will generally take place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on major streets from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to minimize traffic impacts.
- Estimated Cost: $1.61 million.
- Construction methods will include sewer pipe lining (rehabilitates defective sewers without excavation and surface disruption), and sewer pipe removal and replacement (performed by “open cut” or trenching, a method that is typically used where sewers are shallow).
- In order to minimize disruption in the streets, most of the construction work at each location will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Trucks and other equipment such as pipes will be used during construction, and you may see open trench excavation and debris removal.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted. Traffic will be restored to normal when construction has been completed at the end of each workday.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses and residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.